Available at the Borough Office
Check with Zoning Office to make sure prior to any construction
Building Permits Needed for all new construction including:
- Short-term Rentals (B & B)
- Car Ports
- Porch Enclosures
- Swimming Pools
- Demolition of all Buildings
- Alterations to Commercial or Industrial Facilities
Burn Permit for Any Outdoor Fire
Under No Circumstances Burn ANY of the Following:
- Rubbish or Garbage
- Tires or Rubber Products
- Hazardous Materials (Oil, Paint, etc.)
- Recreational Fire: Outdoor fire not contained in an outdoor fireplace, barbeque grill, or barbeque pit. Maximum 3 ft. in diameter, and 2 ft. high. (Example: camp fire, fire ring) Location from a structure: 25 feet
- Bonfire: Outdoor fire utilized for ceremonial fires or brush piles. (Example: Brush pile more than 3 feet in diameter) Location from a structure: 50 feet
- Open Burning: Any burning where products of combustion are emitted directly into the air without passing through a chimney or flue. (Example: burn barrel or incinerator) Location from a structure: 15 feet (if approved)
- All door-to-door sales in the Borough require a permit.
- Exceptions not requiring a permit can be obtained at Borough Office.
- Permits can be obtained at the Borough Office: 603 Erie Street
- Fees: $15.00 for one month or less or $25.00 for one year
- Permits must be renewed annually.
Definition: Yard Sale: any public sale of household items or related goods on residential property including, but not limited to, the residential premises, garage, home, lawn, or yard.
Permit is required from Borough Office: Permit is FREE
- Limited to two (2) sales per year
- Sale can be for maximum of two (2) consecutive days
- Sale must be held within fifteen (15) days of issuance of permit
Community Yard Sales
The third Saturday in July is “”Community Yard Sales Day””. No permit is required, and it does not count against the permit limitation of two per year. No private set-up on Borough Property without permission. Must have ownerâ€™s permission to set-up in front of any location in the Borough. Do NOT block Streets or Fire Hydrants.
Prior to paving or construction, check at Borough Office for Storm Water rules. These rules are MANDATED by Federal and State Law.
Basic Rules to follow for impervious surface area:
- Less than 1000 sq. ft. – No action required
- 1000 – 2500 sq. ft. – Acknowledge and sign the form provided
- 2500 – 5000 sq. ft. – Requires action by property owner
- More than 5000 sq. ft. – Requires Professional Engineer certified plan
603 Erie Street
PO Box 558
Saegertown, PA 16433
Copyright 2020 Saegertown Borough. All rights reserved.