Emergency Call Button at Fire Station @ 601 Erie Street
Pennsylvania State Police: 814-332-6911 – or – 9-1-1
Saegertown Volunteer Fire Department
Fire – EMS – Rescue
Meetings held the 1st Wednesday of the month
One-minute steady blast of fire siren repeated three times with one-minute off intervals signals one of the following:
- Tornado or weather emergency
- Chemical spill
- Terrorist attack
- Major Wildfire
- Any other community emergency
What to do:
- Go inside / close windows and doors
- Listen to local radio station or TV or emergency dispatch monitor or a weather radio
- Follow instructions
Fire Hydrant Information
Fire Hydrants are color coded showing available water in them.
Different size water lines and the grid layout determines the available flow.
Color codes allow the Fire Department to select a hydrant depending on the size of the building on Fire.
- Red: 0-500 gallons per minute
- Yellow: 501-750 gallons per minute
- Orange: 751-1000 gallons per minute
- Green: 1001 or more gallons per minute
No burning without a permit from the Borough Office. This includes: Burn Barrels, Camp Fires, Brush Piles, or Any Outdoor Fire.
Application for a burn permit can be found under “Helpful Information” and then “Permits”