Open Records Policy
Open Records Officer: Tammy Bidwell, Borough Secretary
- Request MUST be in writing
- Request MUST be on form provided by borough
- Borough MUST respond within 5 business days
- Payment MUST be received prior to response
- Borough can extend period up to 30 days to research information
- Requester must be a U.S. citizen and prove as such (Photo I.D)
- Date stamp by records officer only
- Assign tracking number
- Mark when the 5 day period expires
- Keep envelope, make copy, keep everything together in file
ALL RESPONSES WILL BE PROVIDED AS NOTED BELOW:
-In order to make sure documents are not altered:
-We will ONLY provide photocopies of any information requested.
-These copies can be sent electronically after being photocopied, if requested.
-Copies will not be made until payment is received by the Borough.
-Only forms of payments that are accepted are: checks, money orders or cash.
-Price of copies are listed below, plus any postage if information is mailed.
Open Records Request Forms
All fees MUST be paid prior to release of records
- Black and White Copies = $0.25 each
- Color Copies = $0.50 each
- Booklets etc. = Actual Cost
Open Records Exemptions
- Homeland Security Issues
- Security of Infrastructure (water system) or Buildings
- Computer Security
- Personal Information
- Social Security Numbers
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Driver’s License Numbers
- Home Address of Law enforcement
- Employee Records
- Applications for Employment
- Drafts (ordinances, resolutions, minutes, agendas)
- Personal Notes
- Complaints or Investigations
- Information from Executive Sessions
- Court or Litigation