Borough Office is now Open to the Public:
The Borough Office is OPEN once again. The Drop-Box will remain open for water payments.
CASH Payments: The Borough will not make change for more than $5.00 on any payment. Please bring exact change. More than $5.00 in change will also NOT be accepted. Please do your own banking.
Community Yard Sales Day:
Borough Council has authorized having the Community Yard Sales again this year…Providing…New COVID-19 restrictions are NOT in place. No permit is needed. It is always on the 3rd Saturday in July. (July 18th this year)
We are receiving constant complaints about ATV’s and 4-Wheelers! Only street legal vehicles are permitted on Borough Streets. Riding on ANY property also requires permission from the landowner. Fines will be issued for violations. There have been several close calls with these vehicles colliding with cars and way too many complaints!
CCR Report Available: (Water Quality Report)
The 2019 Annual Water Quality report is now available on our website: www.saegertownpa.com
The report can be found from the “Homepage” or under “Services” then “Water Dept..” Copies are available at the Office.
What do we test for in our water?
-Chlorine Levels – checked DAILY at all wells (365 days a year)
–Coliform and Bacteria – tested every month in 2 alternating locations
–VOC’s (like acetone, ethanol, and alcohol) – tested yearly in every well
–Nitrates and Nitrites – tested yearly in every well
–IOC’s (like silicates, chlorides and sulfides) – tested every 3 years in every well
–SOC’s (like pesticides and PCB’s) – tested every 3 years in all wells
–Lead & Copper – tested every 3 years at 10 random locations in the Borough.
Any time ANY of the above contaminants is found higher than safe levels, additional testing is required,
or the potential source may be shut down. We currently have seven (7) water wells and ALL are tested regularly.
Our water has tested positively and we have had no major violations for nearly a decade!
Trimming Grass & Weeds:
All grass and weeds must be mowed and trimmed to no longer than 6 inches. This includes adjoining Right-of-Way areas. (areas next to streets or roads; around street signs and utility poles etc.)
Blowing Grass on Streets:
Grass must be blown off streets or roads if the mower throws it there. These clippings plug storm drains and drain pipes.
Picnic Shelters at Jordan Park:
The picnic shelters at Jordan Park are once again available for reservation, but limited to Borough residents this year.
There is a deposit fee that will be returned if there is no damage and the site is cleaned up.
Bathrooms at Jordan Park:
Keys for temporary use of the Bathrooms at Jordan park are available at the Borough Office. The Borough cleans the bathrooms weekly, but users will be required to sanitize before and after use. We recommend you bring your own toilet paper, soap and paper towels. Check at the Office for details.
Corona Virus (COVID-19):
Here are the things you need to continue to do:
- Cover your sneeze or cough.
- Don’t touch your nose or mouth after being in public before you wash your hands.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds after you have been in public.
- Respect and obey any quarantine, isolation or travel advisory.
- Watch the news for regular updates.
Recycle Electronics – Scheduled for August with Exceptions:
Once again, the Jordan Family Foundation will sponsor an electronic recycling program this year. During the month of August, (as long as the Governor keeps Crawford County Green) Borough Residents can bring old Tv’s, radios, computers, fax machines, copiers, and stereos (no speakers) to the Borough Building. Window air-conditioners and dehumidifiers will be taken for $5 each, and broken TV or computer screens will cost $10.00 each. There is no charge if the screens are not broken.
Only items from Borough Residents or Businesses will be accepted.
Please Note that anyone who brings items to recycle must be able to unload it themselves or bring help.
- There is NO PARKING on ANY Sidewalk at any time (even the ones on the back streets)
- There can be no grass or weeds growing in the cracks.
- Sections of walks cannot have an elevation alignment of more than ½ inch.
- Cracks can be no wider than 1 inch.
- There are regulations for new or replacement walks, including slope.
- Fines can be up to $250 per month for violations.
Deadlines Extended or Dates Changed due to Virus:
-Federal and State Taxes – extended until July 15, 2020
-REAL ID – extended until October 2021
-Property Tax – Face Value – extended until August 31, 2020
Fire Dept. News:
Watch for a fund raiser. Check out the FD Facebook page or the website for more details. www.saegertownvfd.com
- Annual Walk-a-Thon is postponed until September. More information in a future newsletter.
- Library Lobby Pick-up Service will continue through July 15. Further re-opening will be evaluated at that time. Hours for the Lobby, the outdoor Book Sale, and reaching a librarian are:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 9-7; Fridays, 9-5; and Saturdays, 9-1.
- We are sorry, but the library cannot accept book donations this summer. Thank you for your understanding.
- Join us for our BIG summer book sale on Saturday, July 18, 2020.
Safety Tip of the Month:
- Comply with Borough Ordinances (Check website for details)
- Make sure you only use legal fireworks
- Never allow children to handle fireworks
- Wear protective eyewear
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hand
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Keep away from people, houses and flammable materials
- Do not try to re-light a firework that does not go off
- Soak spent and unused fireworks in a bucket of water
- Honor noise restriction times
- The best advice is to kick back and let professionals handle fireworks shows!!
- Sparklers burn at about 2,000 degrees!
- Sparklers can easily ignite clothing
- Many children are burned each year by sparklers
- Do NOT use them or please use extra care.
Tax Collector Information: Corona Virus Changes and Update:
□No penalty on Borough or County Property Taxes until after August 31.
□Payments may be made by mail to: Saegertown Tax Collector, PO Box 348, Saegertown, Pa. 16433
□The Tax Collector will have office hours at the Borough Building on the following evenings from 6:30 until 8:00
-Wednesday August 12th and 26th. -Wednesday October 14th
-Tuesday September 15th -Wednesday November 11th
-Wednesday September 23rd -Monday November 23rd
-Thursday September 24th -Wednesday December 16th
-Monday September 28th -Wednesday December 30th
□Tax Office hours at the Borough Building will be on the following Saturday’s from 10 am to 11 am
-Saturday September 19th
-Saturday September 26th
□The Borough Secretary cannot accept tax payments.
□If you have any questions please contact Amanda Pipper at: 814-763-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Community Meetings:
Borough Council: meetings second Mon. of month, 6:00 pm at Saegertown Borough Building on Erie St.
Sewer Authority: meetings second Tues. of month, 7:00 pm at Saegertown Borough Building on Erie St